Peace of mind is often associated with yogis, hermits or monks, sitting alone in a distant place, in an ashram, cave or monastery, praying or meditating all day long.
The truth is that peace of mind can be achieved and enjoyed here and now, even while leading an ordinary life, with a job and a family.
Peace of mind sharpens the five senses, calms the mind and emotions, and allows you to more easily focus on mental and physical activities.
Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, says: “Inner peace (or peace of mind ) is a colloquialism that refers to a state of mental or spiritual peace, with enough knowledge and understanding to remain strong in the face of discord or stress.
“Being“ at peace ”is considered by many to be healthy and so as opposed to being stressed or anxious ”.
WordWeb Online defines this term as: “The absence of mental stress or anxiety.”
These descriptions emphasize the importance of tranquility to prevent stress and anxiety. It is actually the antidote to stress and anxiety.
Making the mind calm and calm prevents anxieties, worries, stress and fears, and awakens inner strength and confidence
Peace of mind is an inner condition and although it is often disturbed by the outside world, it can learn to experience it regardless of external conditions and circumstances.
For more on this topic, see What is inner peace?
After acquiring the Peace of Mind skill, and it is a skill that can be learned, you can remain calm and in control of yourself and your mind, even in the midst of difficult problems and situations.
Imagine how great it would be to stay calm, focused and undisturbed by circumstances and people!
Instead of becoming anxious and fearful, instead of thinking negative thoughts and expecting the worst, instead of being tense, dissatisfied and unhappy, you can choose to stay emotionally and mentally balanced and unwavering.
What are the benefits of peace of mind?
Peace of mind, which is inner peace, offers countless benefits:
- Improved ability to concentrate
- Efficiency in managing your daily affairs
- A sense of inner strength and power
- More patience, tolerance and tact.
- Free from stress, anxieties and worries.
- A sense of happiness and inner bliss
- Falling asleep easily at night and sleeping soundly
- When your mind is at peace, you are unaffected by what people think or say about you
- A calm and peaceful mind is free from worry thinking and running from one unimportant thought to another
- With a peaceful mind stop being influenced and agitated by events, problems or difficulties
- A calm mind helps you maintain a state of inner balance and clear judgment in all situations .
- This list, on the benefits of peace of mind, can be extended even further. This skill makes you more aware, improves your concentration, improves your meditation and allows you to understand and learn everything faster.
There are various ways and techniques to gain peace, through psychological methods, affirmations, visualization, yoga or meditation.
You can find many articles on this topic on this website, as well as books that teach this topic in detail.
“When we have inner peace, we can be at peace with those around us. When our community is in a state of peace, it can share that peace with neighboring communities.
- The Dalai Lama “The life of inner peace, harmonious and without stress, is the easiest kind of existence.”
-Norman Vincent Peale
- “The calmer a man becomes, the greater his success, his influence, his power for good. Peace of mind is one of the beautiful jewels of wisdom. “. -James Allen